Thursday, October 31, 2013

Wainscoting or Beadboard?


I have this wonderfully handy Martha Stewart Scoring Board and Envelope Tool that I use for making cards and stationery.   It dawned on me that maybe I could use it to score some lines in cardstock and make it look like proper wainscoting?   The width of the scored line is a little bit too skinny, though. 


Imagining the wall once the pretty frame is mounted.  It matches a frame I bought myself in India.
 

See? Too skinny.

Aha!  But then I realized, the skinniness is okay for bead board!   On the first piece above, I got the scores on the wrong side of the page.  The line across the top has to dimple out, and the lines going top to bottom have to dimple in, as the "space" between two slats.


Ta daa

 

The wallpaper and beadboard were attached to a piece of foam core that I cut to fit the wall.  I used 3M Picture Hanging Command Strips to attach the faux wall to the real life wall, so that I can easily pop it out or change it, and when I'm done, I can remove the velcro from the wall without damage.

By the way, I'm a huge fan of the entire line of Command Strip products.  They're great.

 

 It's cute!  But for some reason, I find it boring now.  I need to figure out how to rearrange the furniture to make it look more realistic.  I am considering setting up two "sides" of the room to photograph, by just moving furniture and windows around?

No comments:

Post a Comment